To create 'Mood Boards' these are large boards where pictures, words and colours are collaged together by designated groups of participants using items they have brought to the workshop and pictures and words supplied by the artist.
Participants are asked to bring in photos, Images and pictures cut from magazines and objects that inspire them and make them feel happy. - these will be copied / photographed and added to your mood board, illustrating the themes below.
Artist Binita Walia for the glass artwork will use the 'Mood Boards' to positively influence the final designs for the new Butetown Community Centre.
- Your favourite colours, photographs and object relating to either;
- Your family and friends
- The place where you live
- Your favourite book, picture and or favourite objects
- Any objects that you like and or want to share with friends.
- Pictures, shapes, colours and words collected from magazines.
- To facilitate a wide variety of arts and crafts activities for people to participate in, making use of a wide range of skills.
- To provide an opportunity for people to learn new skills and try out new ideas with professional artists.
- To promote cross-cultural and generational creative and artistic work in the community.
- Engage the community in recording the area's heritage and the importance of the history of Butetown in shaping what it is today.
- Celebration of the new Butetown Community Centre, fostering a sense of pride and ownership for the centre.
- Active engagement in collaborative practices.
- Stimulating creativity among users of the centre.
- Unlocking talent; encouraging creativity, experimentation and fun.
- Focus upon the positive input people can make in their own localities through creative collaborations.
- Inspiring creativity as a starting point for the Butetown Community Centre public art commission.
- Create a visual resource to influence Binita's final designs for the Butetown Community Centre glazing project.
- Raising aspirations and awareness of the forthcoming Community Centre.
- Increasing understanding of our impact upon the environment.
- Improving cross-cultural relationships.
- Encouraging creativity, experimentation and fun